Friday, March 26, 2010

Pegs, etc

A lot of the time, you’ll find me on this blog talking adventure. Today, im gonna talk sleep (yawn).

Unfortunately, everyone needs some of it. Even me! I’ve had the luxury of many years of experience when it comes to cutting down the dreaded down time, so im pretty comfortable with my 5.237 hours (give or take) a day.

Anyway, the real reason for the post it to offer a little advice on accommodation when you're out there.

Please don't use a one-manner like this one around me:




You'll literally look like a knob.


It can be useful to adjust to you surroundings using the peeping tom method:





Sometimes for the newbies, getting to learn the local sounds from the safety of your nylon home for 8 hours or so can have its benefits (PS, tapped the one on the right).


Me? I don't do a full tent anymore. Too restrictive, plus the warranty usually doesn’t cover broken poles or bear slashes.





This way, I’m up and running faster than you can say “abseil”.

No comments:

Post a Comment